Thursday, April 16, 2015

Mixing Prints









Let me start this post off by saying, in general, I rarely do prints. So when I put this look together, I completely surprised myself!

Prints date quickly, in my opinion. You could buy a print this season and it could be out of style in six months. If I'm spending a small fortune on something for my wardrobe, I want it to last me for years to come. For that reason, if you opened by closet today, you would find it to be 80% black, 10% cream, 8% navy, and 2% prints. This look is all about the 2%.

On occasion I buy something fun and trendy in a bold pattern. This floral tee, for example, I bought on a snow day in March because I wanted it so desperately to be spring I thought "Floral print, why not?" Also, it was only $12. I could wear it a few times and then throw it in the give-away pile and not think twice.

Now that temperatures have warmed up and the sun is shining, I find myself throwing on not only one print, but two! I loved layering my classic Oxford shirt with the fun floral tee. My blush fringe shoulder bag from H&M is everything to me right now, I take it everywhere.

Last but not least, let me tell you about these shoes. I have received more compliments on these Coral Pumps than my Ferragamos, and drum roll please...the pumps are from Payless! Can you believe it? Super comfortable in a lower heel, these pumps are perfect for work to evening events, and this pop of color lights up any room. Cheers to style on a budget!

Blue & White Striped Oxford Shirt by Banana Republic
Floral Print Tee by Old Navy
Rock Crystal Necklace by H&M
Blush Fringe Shoulder Bag by H&M (now on sale!)
Rockstar Super Skinny Jeans by Old Navy
Coral Patent Leather Pumps by Payless

No comments:

Post a Comment