Thursday, August 14, 2014

Foodie Flash: David Chang to Bring Momofuku to DC

This is big news.  Like, really big news.  For all of you food and travel lovers who have rejoiced in Momofuku on your travels, David Chang is finally bringing it back home. 

This Northern Virginian native, turned super nova celebrity chef, will open a Momofuku in City Center Spring 2015.  Chang spoke with the Washingtonian Magazine yesterday and said the following: 

“We want to be good neighbors. We want to enhance the town. I want to help DC. I still read the Washington Post every day. All my friends and family are there. I root for all the teams there. I was a hair away from opening up in DC ten years ago. I opened in New York because I had more of a support network there. I just don’t want to let people down. You know? I just don’t want to let people down.”

Read the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment