Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Wandering at The Hirshhorn

I spent this Sunday afternoon doing two of my favorite things, wandering art galleries and eating Indian food so spicy it made my teeth sweat. Ah, glorious days.

Since our news feeds are inundated with cherry blossom photos, I thought I'd share shots from my time at The Hirsshorn today for a bit of variety. Let your eyes feast on the gorgeous installations currently on exhibit. Keep in mind photography really doesn't do these pieces justice, take some time and visit for yourself.

Barbara Kruger: Belief + Doubt, 2012
Barbara Kruger: Belieft + Doubt, 2012
Ernesto Neto: The Dangerous Logic of Wooing, 1964
Dan Flavin: Untitled (to Helga and Carlo, with respect and affection), 1974
Dan Flavin: Monument, for V. Tatlin, 1967
Katharina Fritsch: Display Stand with Madonnas, 1956
Andy Warhol: Marilyn Monore's Lips, 1962
Mark Rothko: Blue, Orange, Red, 1961

No comments:

Post a Comment