Saturday, January 17, 2015

Go for Brooch! Clutch Handbags on a Budget

I have many times in my life bought a clutch purse for a specific event or a particular gown. I have always loved the beautifully jeweled clutches on the red carpet that add that bit of extra punch to a cocktail or evening look. But what if you could vary one clutch a dozen times, for only a few dollars?

My husband's grandmother had a fabulous brooch collection, which I luckily inherited and wear often. Prior to an evening event years ago, I decided to pin one of her brooches to a basic black satin clutch and voila! The bag was instantly transformed.

I love pinning a singular, large statement brooch in the center. You can also create a small cluster of two to three brooches, asymmetrically placed, for a more complex look.






If you can't gather some vintage pieces from within the family, hit up a weekend flea market for some great finds. Our very own Eastern Market's Flea Market has an excellent vintage jeweler booth that sells pieces for as little as $1.

Make your handbag more versatile in a unique way. Instead of going for broke, go for brooch!

Happy Styling,
S.


No comments:

Post a Comment