Sunday, January 4, 2015

NYE ReCap - Who, What, and Where

After being totally sick with the flu last year, I am so glad to report that my NYE 2015 was a blast! Here is a very brief recap of the evening - what we did and who were the services that made it all happen.

Club Blowdry 

This was the first time I used Club Blowdry, and I was thrilled. My stylist showed up right on time, we set up a mini salon in my kitchen and 45 minutes later I had great NYE ready curls. The service was $60, tip is included and paid through the website (no money exchanges hands between you and the stylist). I loved Club Blowdry because I was able to get my hair done in my own home, run up stairs to dress, and was out the door in a snap. Would definitely recommend and will book again (and fyi, those curls last 48 hours - it was incredible!)



Rent the Runway

I wrote rave reviews about my experience at the RTR Georgetown store back in November (click here for earlier post) but the dress I chose was damaged, so they sent me an alternate. The alternate was too small and too long. I ran to the Georgetown store in a frantic at 6pm the day before New Years. The store was madness but I was able to find a replacement gown and was given it at an even exchange. A bit more drama than I was hoping for, but it all worked out! I received so many compliments on my BCBG Max Azria dress at the Kennedy Center, I will most certainly continue to rent from RTR.

My husband and I in the Grand Foyer, Kennedy Center

Kennedy Center

My husband and two of our awesome friends had an AMAZING time at the Kennedy Center for NYE. We saw Ozomalti (a latin, hip hop fusion band out of LA) perform with the NSO. They literally turned the concert hall into a dance party - I don't think the Kennedy Center has ever seen anything like it! After the show, we drank and danced in the Grand Foyer until the balloon drop at midnight. The Kennedy Center provided the perfect mix of an elegant, but rocking time, on New Years Eve. Bravo!

Ozomalti rocking it in the aisle


Ceiling of the concert hall, Kennedy Center

Toasting to the New Year with friends in the Grand Foyer, Kennedy Center

Cheers to a Happy New Year!
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment